Charities, Not for Profit, Voluntary and Community Organisations and Social Enterprises
We have experience of acting for charities and not for profit organisations. Our Oldham based accountants are CIPFA qualified and have experience of running, auditing and providing accountancy services to a range of charitable organisations.
Our unique strength is our extensive knowledge of the third sector, our expertise involving the Charities SORP and all the regulatory requirements. We offer a personalised, cost effective and reliable accountancy service with a friendly down to earth approach combined with the knowledge and expertise you would expect from qualified, highly respected accountants.
Sustainable Client Relationships
Key to building a sustainable relationship with our clients is not just ensuring you meet your regulatory obligations but also taking the time to get to know you, embracing your culture and ethos.
Our lead Charities Accountants has the experience of running small charities, and is currently Trustee at a number of charities, which demonstrates our strong commitment to this sector as well as the depth of our knowledge.
How We Can Help You
- Charity accounting – specifically dealing with the issues pertinent to the charity and not for profit sectors.
- Independent examination of charity accounts
- Charity taxation services including Gift Aid
- SORP accounting and compliance
- Payroll & VAT
- Seminars open to clients and non-clients
- Implementation and training on new computerised accounting systems
- Implementation and/ or review of internal controls
- Governance reviews
- Risk management and reserves policy advice
- Trustees’ annual report content advice to include public benefit reporting
- Completion of annual returns
- Advice on how to set up a charity
- Guidance on charity funding
- Help and advice with attracting additional cash flow for specific projects
We have experience of dealing with a wide range of charities. Our specific areas of expertise include:
- Faith based charities and organisations
- Local charities
- Community based charities
- Clubs and associations
- Faith based schools/ independent schools