As an Accountancy and Financial Service Provider to independent schools, we understand the challenges that you face and your needs. The Partners and staff of ATS Accountants have many years’ of experience of providing accountancy and advisory roles. We helped independent schools manage their risks effectively by providing timely and professional advice.
We recognise that the sector faces the following key challenges:
- the ongoing economic downturn affecting the general affordability of private education;
- the difficulties faced by management and those charged with governance in making surpluses from activities and ability to reinvest in school development
- meeting the public benefit requirement
- competition from, and the costs of involvement in, government sponsored academy projects and free schools;
- less funding available for capital developments or for schools with cash flow difficulties; and
- the general regulatory burden.
Our clients benefit from our genuine interest and focus on the sector together with our understanding of the issues being faced. Our priority is to inform you as our client, steering you through good practice, and using our experience of proven management processes throughout the education and commercial sectors.
Alongside our accountancy service, we work for schools on an advisory basis, providing advice in the following areas:
- Governance and risk management
- Monitoring financial health of the organisation
- Financial forecasting and reporting
- Raising funds to achieve long term objectives
- Review, selection and implementation of accounting solutions